terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are never fun but hey, gotta have them – so let’s get started:
The terms “course”, “module” and “bootcamp” refer to any educational session, whether delivered in form of a seminar, workshop, blended or experience-based learning, regardless of whether these educational sessions are delivered as a public or in-house event, face to face or online. For simplicity’s sake, the remainder of this document will use the term “course” to describe all educational sessions as outlined above (in plain English – for the purposes of the T&Cs – course = module = bootcamp)
If you’re accepting these terms and conditions on behalf of another person you validate that you have the authority of that other person and (where appropriate) their organisation to do so (basically, don’t sign others up as a prank!)
Registrations for each course are processed in the order of registration and, unless stated otherwise, the maximum number of participants per course is 20.
Course fees are due on registration and any discount codes, vouchers, etc. are to be applied on checkout.
Cancellations & changes
If you are unable to attend a course you have booked, you may:
- Transfer to another course / course date without financial penalty, provided you give written notice 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course date
- Cancel the course without financial penalty, provided you give written notice 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course date
- Should you choose to cancel a course, you are entitled to a full refund or future credit for the full course amount
- Substitute another participant – you may choose to send a colleague without incurring a financial penalty, provided you give written notice 1 business day in advance of the scheduled course date
- Please note that any learning credits accumulated towards certification are not transferable under any circumstances
Please note that we are unable to provide a refund for non-attendance where no notice is given. However participants are entitled to a full set of course notes on written request.
Where course participants provide less than 10 business days’ notice of cancellations or transfers, agile attitude reserves the right to charge a transfer or cancellation fee of 20% of the original course fee.
Now let’s do this again in plain English:
To cancel a course:
- Drop us an email on email@example.com at least two calendar weeks before the scheduled date
- We’ll be in touch to discuss your refund, credit or transfer options
- Wait for confirmation and you’re good to go
To change your attendance date or course:
- Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org at least calendar weeks before the scheduled date
- Let us know what course or date you would like to transfer to
- Wait for confirmation on your new course / course date and you’re all set!
To substitute another participant:
- Drop us a quick email on email@example.com with your name, course and course date
- Let us know the full name, email address and mobile number of the person who will be coming in place of yourself – please make sure that anyone who attends in your place fulfils the same prerequisites
- Do bear in mind that we can’t transfer learning credits between people, so your substitute won’t be able to get you any closer to your certification!
- We’ll send a confirmation email to both you and your bestie!
If you’re a no-show:
- If you’re unable to attend the course and you’re unable to give two weeks’ notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
- Where possible, we will work with you to find a mutually beneficial course of action – however due to regulations and overheads we are unable to guarantee a refund in this case
agile attitude course cancellations
While we endeavour not to cancel any publicly scheduled courses, a minimum of four participants per course is required to meet the standards set for a “certifiable course”. Therefore we reserve the right to cancel any course with up to one weeks’ notice and offer all registered participants the choice of:
- Transfer to the next available course date of the same course
- Transfer to a different course of your choice
- Credit to the full amount of the course fees paid
- A full refund of the course fees
Where courses have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances outside our control, agile attitude offers all registered participants the choice of transfer, credit or refund as described above.
Copyright & legal liability
As a general rule, recording of course sessions in any format is not permitted. Should you have specific requirements for a recorded session, please contact us on email@example.com.
The taking of photographs during course sessions is permitted for personal use only (unless otherwise agreed with agile attitude at least five business days prior to course start date) and has to be carried out with the explicit permission of all course participants.
Distribution of the course materials to non-participants is not permitted, regardless of format or distribution platform. By accepting these terms & conditions, participants and their respective organisations accept the copyright and / or intellectual property of the course materials. (in short, don’t go nicking our stuff!)
Whilst provided with the utmost care, agile attitude do not accept liability for any loss arising from advice given (yes, we may well give you advice, but you’re still responsible for your own actions!).
Privacy & data security
agile attitude is an Australian Based Merchant – this policy outlines the way agile attitude (“we”) collect, use, disclose, store and manage your personal information. For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” refers to any information about or related to you, irrespective of the factual correctness and / or the format of the information referred to. In plain English, “personal information” means any stuff we gathered that’s related to you (whether it comes from you or someone else) or about you, regardless of whether it’s true and whether the information has been submitted via the website, email, verbally, etc.
What we collect
agile attitude (“we”) collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order with us online or via email, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form, such as our contact form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing and / or billing address, phone number, credit or debit card information as well as any other relevant information to complete a course registration.
What we do with it
We do not sell, make available or in any other way distribute your personal and / or payment information to 3rd parties. Exceptions are made with regard to the sharing of your basic personal information (full name, email address, learning history) with 3rd party certification bodies who require contact information to validate and process your course certification, provided we have a valid non-disclosure agreement in place with these parties to protect your privacy.
We may use these details to keep you informed on updates, latest courses, changes in our terms & conditions, promotions and offers and similar stuff. We believe in giving back too, so we collect and store your information and tracking data (yup, we do use analytics on our website) to benefit YOU by using it:
- To personalise your experience and the customer service we provide to you
- To continuously improve our online presence to create a valuable learning and improvement resource for you
- To maintain a history of your learning for certification purposes
Using your image or likeness
By accepting these terms & conditions, you grant agile attitude, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs, video and / or audio recordings of you during online or in-person events and courses. I authorise agile attitude, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically, without payment or other consideration.
We may use such photographs of you without your name or other personal information that would make you personally identifiable and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. We promise to keep this use professional and respectful and will never use your image or likeness in association with negative or derogatory comments or remarks.
Making you feel safe and secure
Keeping your personal information safe, sound and secure when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information is important to us, so we take a number of steps to ensure your details are safe. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers’ database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Getting rid of your personal information
If you would like us to destroy any personal records we hold, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for certain offerings, such as our certification courses, we are legally required to maintain your record and purging your personal data may void any previous learning credits. If in doubt, contact us on email@example.com to discuss further.
Registered trading name: agile attitude pty ltd
Registered address: 56 Stirling Road, Peachester Queensland 4519
ABN: 19 607 733 595